Friday, July 23, 2010

Ask, and it shall be given

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! ( Matthew 7: 7-11)

*
a friend of mine posted : 'Ask, and it shall be given you' as his status on facebook a few days back. I was intrigued. Of all the thing people could post as a status, that perticular friend post this on the day when my mother insists that i should reconsider my thoughts on praying.

(Though not an avid reader of the Great Book, guess it's safe to say that the passage is about praying (feel free to correct if i'm wrong). )

I don't pray. ( By praying here,I mean asking for something to the higher power --a definition that I know a lot of people don't agree upon but I'm sticking to it in this post.) I stopped praying a couple years back. People think it's me being rebelious, smart ass or even worse .. being an egocentric person that thinks that I can live and survive all by my single self...

Contrary to the cool stuff (hehehe) people accussed me of, my reason is really simple (being a really truly simple person and all). Praying scares the hell outta me. Praying--asking something-- and getting the impossible things you asked for is not as happy as you thought it would be. I know so because a lot of my prayers have been answered. Those answered prayers left me dumbfounded. It's not like i'm being ungracious brat or anything.. it's just sometimes it's overwhelming....

I stopped praying because if I asked, then I will be given. I feel like a spoiled child. I asked and asked and given, but i never gave something significant in return. :(

that's when i decide not to bother asking... (since sometimes i don't even know what i want).. now i only talk and giving heads up to Him about my life.. simple...

That passage on that status that perticular day, makes me wonder, is it a sign?
or it's just another bussines as ussual ....

being simple turns out to be hard work...







2 comments:

ric ky said...

aha, lagi sebuah tanda!

detta aryani said...

Kadang ngeri, kadang penasaran, kadang sudahlah biarkan saja. Terlalu byk tanda kadang bikin pusing kepala saya yg isinya tak sberapa. :)