Tuesday, July 31, 2007

pleasure of reading

due to some unfortunate event that happened to me this day,
i am compelled to write something so sappy.. well, here it goes..

I ask myself why i like to read..
i know it's not because i'm smart
nor that i care so much about how the world revolved
.. it's simply because i love to sit back and relax then curl up in my own imaginary place up in my head painted by the words in a writing..

it's my me time
my personal sanctuary where no one can touch me...
my intrepretation and the skill of the writer collided in making the worderful world far enough from the harsh reality...

but today,
that great feeling is  shattered...
i was forced to see everything in a new light
the new light is called modernization
in the new light
reading became something so petty...

is a rush-rush world out there--one said
no one has the time to read something beautiful..
everything is in the "need-to-know" base

no more beautiful, descripted writing....
just pointers and tips to make your life simple and heartless...

a picture can speak a thousand word -one said...
i wept because then i have no time to engulfed word and paint my own ..
now everyone should see the same thing without ever knowing how it feels to be free and have their own version.

mmmm.....
sad?
well, reality bites--one said
i never thought this day will come,
 that i have to bow down to a greater power
coz i'm just me....
and my love for reading is only my own....

sad?
i don't know...
it's just you making it all complicated for your own good -one said
i must admit, it's my own fault and i'm digging my own grave...
but wouldn't you do the same for something you love and cherish?

mmm.. well, it's just me
no bother....

1 comment:

uwi hadjid said...

kutu buku