Monday, February 18, 2008

Hans and I -2

yes, this is about HC Andersen again!
last night I read THE TINDER BOX.... and it absolutely disturb my day....
it's about a poor soldier who got it all....
for a never-been-so-lucky-in-my-life person like me, the story SUCK big time!

how could a person be that lucky?
how could a person gets a load of money, the girl of his dream and the kingdom he didn't even help build ---- all in a snap of a finger?

mmm.... is it just me who got an green eye monster breathing down my neck,
or Andersen is trying to tell me something....

hehehe...
well, in the midst of all this anger/confusion.... my ear cought the 6 o'clock news... one story talks about a place in Sulawesi that people say can help whomever to get their soulmate...mmmmm.... yeah rite.. that's what i said to myself, and i blow the news off...

then on my way to work I heard a song in the radio and the lyric goes (oh ya,, for those who doesn't know me that well.. I'm kindda tone-deaf, when ever i listen to a song all i hear is the lyric.. coz i know zip about notes.. hehhehe) ... well.. back to the lyric.. the lyric goes "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride..." and this lyric goes on and on like this... almost through the whole song...

And I was kindda... mmmm.... yeah... ok i get it.....
then i kept thinking...
mmmm... why is it that there's no saying "Always the best man, never the man??" hahahaha.. it sound kindda akward, I know....

well... all the things that went to my head finnally conclude itself, after i sat on my chair and turned on my computer...
I'LL BE DAMN...
Andersen was trying to tell me, how lucky A MAN can be.... he could have all the riches in the world, the girl of his dream and all the works...

and a girl? well... if you can't be a bride then you are nuthing.... that's why people are always going to places that are assumed to have the power to hand you your soulmate in a silver platter... mmm....

DAMN...
well, if that so...
then......
i should...................
mmmmm...............??

well, anyway... that's just one person's opinion....
don't mess your head with it...
just me trying to explain myself to the world who doesn't need an explaination...
:)

5 comments:

Winna Efendi said...

I think the moral of the Tinder Box story is intelligence and wit. The soldier is greedy by stealing the tinder box from the witch, but he uses his intelligence to actually protect himself from death. after all it's a fairy tale.. I guess it's best to derive the moral and not feel so pressured by it :)

Imelda Suryaningsih said...

cause we are living in a man's world :))

detta aryani said...

mmm.... maybe it's just me, but i --somehow-- feel that Andersen is kindda sarcastic writing this piece... it's like he's telling me (hahaha) that the world is that unfair.. hehehe.... but mind you, it's just me... .

anyway, my question is... would you read this story to your kid?
hehehe.. just curious... :)

'M ' said...

no, It will hinder their ability to recognize themselves out of the "i am a princess thus you should treat me like one and my life will be just fine soon after that prince in shining armour comes" - mind frame.

I'll read them Roald Dahl instead.

detta aryani said...

i heard Dahl is hilarious... never read one, though.. only watched Mathilda and found great joy watching it...

maybe i should give Dahl a go next time i go 2 d bookstore... :)