Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hans and I

these few weeks I was captivated by the writing of Hans C. Andersen.
Each night, I save a moment of my time reading one or two pieces of his writing.
Although it was titled Fairy Tales, I felt all his writing were all about real true story. the animals, the fairies and mermaids are just symbols for human characters.

Well, 2 nights ago I read one of his piece called, THE BUTTERFLY(1861). It was a story about a butterfly looking for a wife... while reading the story about the indecisive butterfly, i thought about how Hans could write such a piece. Was this writing inspired by his life, or he just felt  like writing all that...? The story about the butterfly, who finally didn't get what he wants because he's too picky.... stuck in my head.... Damn... and it won't go away..

Now every decision I make, made me think of Hans and his 'Butterfly' ... Damn..
I can't help it if I'm picky, but I don't wanna be like the butterfly either....
damn....
as if I wasn't troubled enough with the thought racing in my head...

thanks Hans, for making my life a bit more complicated than It already is....
but aside from all that... I still thinks he's a great writer....


5 comments:

Winna Efendi said...

I haven't read the Butterfly yet but I think it's in one of my books containing his stories.. I happen to collect fairy tale books too and HC Andersen's are beautiful. I also like Charles Perrault and Grimm's stories. they are wonderful, and available in many prettily illustrated hardcovers and simple paperbacks :)

Imelda Suryaningsih said...

jadi pilihan udah banyak, tapi bingung mo sama yang mana? ;) *cuma mo konfirm*

detta aryani said...

yes, they are...
sometime I'm shocked by the way Disney simplify Hans' writing and turn it into a light fairy tales, coz I personally think Hans writes in symbols and it can't be taken lightly

detta aryani said...

wahahaha.. lho bukannya tadi udah denger satu2nya pilihan sudah memilih yang lainnya.. hahahhahahaha...

serny olive said...

you are what you think, Dhet....